Ok, I'm back, let's see if we can get caught up. Oh and welcome to our newcomers!
Palau
7°21′N 134°28′E
An island nation in the Pacific Ocean, some 500 miles east of the Philippines and 2,000 miles south of Tokyo.
BZ - 20
*The Spanish first explored the islands in 1543.
*The Spanish first explored the islands in 1543.
*The Japanese took control over Palua in World War I and stayed in control until the U.S. drove them out in WWII. That's several decades under Japanese rule.
MP - 10
*Most often, if you want to go from island to island, you have to have a private boat.
*Most often, if you want to go from island to island, you have to have a private boat.
DP - 20
*When they are having lunch in Palau (12:00 Noon)- I am having dinner (7:00 - the day before).
*The pope was the first one to give foregin rule over Palau (different pope than the one who gave Brazil to Portugal).
*Palau has 16 states (four of which start with the letter N and none of which I can pronounce).
MM - 15
MM - 15
*Koror is often recognised as the capital of Palau, but it is only to be the capital for a short time longer. By 2010, the capital of Palau will be Melekeok.
*Palau was discovered by accident in 1783 when the shipwrecked crew of Captain Henry Wilson reached the shores of Ulong.
Swaziland
26°19′S 31°8′E
A landlocked country in Southern Africa, bordered to the north, south, and west by South Africa, and to the east by Mozambique
MP - 20
*It is the world's last absolute monarchy
*Swaziland is landlockedMP - 20
*It is the world's last absolute monarchy
BZ - 10
*Here the country that is the size of New Jersey
ER - 5
M0Ma - 10
*The Reed dance is called "Umhlanga" the dance is an annual Swazi tradition.
DP - 20
*The kings dad had over 1,000 gradkids when he died.
*The current king has 14 wifes
*They don't become his wife until they have his children. Before that they are only his brides. I was a little obsessed with how they do their families over there. I got it because of the She-elephant. Imagine this is the only place in the world that has one.


So I'm not sure if you meant to post early for tomorrow, but my blogger picked it up so I'm going to take a guess... Nicaragua. How's that for no clues except pictures?! Do I get double bonus for that? Since I don't know what info you're going to post, here's a bit about the volcano-boarding: down the youngest volcano in Central America, born just 120 years ago and erupting at least twenty times since. Price for the experience is considerably cheap - $27.50, which includes one trip down the slope and entrance to the national park
ReplyDelete